Tuesday, October 17, 2006

log-cabin blanket - finished pictures




I promised some pictures of the finished blanket (or afghan), and here they are. I am really pleased with the outcome. Now I fear it will not be used, and I fear it will get used ....
Yarns in this blanket :
- Anny Blatt 'Louxor' and Anny Blatt 'Assouan' - bought in Orange (France) in the Anny Blatt factory outlet
- Rowan 'cotton glace' and '4ply cotton' - my LYS and swaps
- Scheepjeswol 'cotton 8' - a market stand somewhere in Holland
- Debbie Bliss 'wool/cotton' -swap
- unknown cotton (several shades of brown) - no label, but probably Anny Blatt or Bouton d'or (also bought in Orange)
- 4 points cottonade - a friends stash
- variegated blue cotton - bought on a cone in Pisa (Italy)
- Schachenmayer Nomotta 'blue jeans' - my LYS and ebay
don't you think the finished blanket looks better then the pile of leftover yarns ?

Hier de beloofde foto's van mijn TV-deken (zo vertaal ik 'afghan' maar even). Nu ben ik bang dat het niet zal gebruikt worden, of misschien ben ik wel bang dat het teveel zal gebruikt worden ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blanket is magnificent! Definitely much more than the sum of its parts.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. You have a real talent at combining colors. I look forward to your next projects.

Photocat said...

Wonderful... I am almost tempted to make one too...