Sunday, December 17, 2006

smaller projects (mittens, scarf)


I know I have been very quiet ... this was due to computer problems at home. More time for knitting ... I have been knitting up a storm, mainly on smaller projects. I finished a pair of super soft mittens. This was a gift from my secrect pal. Don't they look great ? I need to give several x-mas gifts, but I am keeping these for myself. The mittens are knitted with one strand of bluefaced leicester yarn, and one strand of mohair.

Sorry voor het stilzwijgen, maar zonder computer is het moeilijk bloggen ... Het goede eraan is dat ik meer tijd had om te breien ! Ik heb vooral kleinere projectjes gebreid. Dit paar wanten is 'super soft mitts', met 2 draden gebreid (1 draad zachte wol, 1 draad mohair). Deze wanten hou ik zelf, de kleuren zijn echt helemaal mijn ding.




As I still needed a gift, I immediately started a new pair of mittens, with one strand of Mountain colors weavers quarters, and one strand of laceweight Colinette mohair. The colors work so nice together. I hope the lady who gets these, will love them too ! I don't know yet who will get them. In my hobbyclub, we were asked to bring a small gift, and I think it will be distributed randomly.

Maar eigenlijk wou ik een paar kadootjes maken. Ik ben dus maar direct een nieuw paar wanten begonnen. Ik heb hetzelfde patroon gebruikt als hierboven, maar ze vielen iets smaller uit, dus heb ik de nummertjes wat aangepast. Als je wanten breit, kan je ze geregeld aanpassen, en zo'n beetje op goed vallen uit herwerken. Deze zijn bestemd voor het kerstfeestje van de hobbyclub, dus weet ik nog niet wie de wanten gaat krijgen. Ik hoop maar dat de onbekende bestemmeling deze wanten apprecieert.



And the 3d small project I finished is a whimsical narrow scarf, knitted in Noro ribbon. I just knitted and knitted on 11 stitches, then made 2 crocheted flowers to finish it of. I was a bit over-enthousiastic knitting it, so it came out too long. Solved that by knotting it here and there. I am keeping this for myself, it's way too fun to give away.

Dit is een derde klein projectje, een supersmal sjaaltje in Noro lint. Ik heb gewoon een heel stuk gebreid op 11 steken, en daarna 2 bloemetjes gehaakt om het af te werken. Blijkbaar iets te enthousiast voortgebreid, want dit sjaaltje is wel heel lang geworden. Oplossing : hier en daar knopen. Simpel comme bonjour. Ik weet nog niet of ik dit wil weggeven, 't is eigenlijk veel te leuk geworden, en mijn moeder zie ik dit nog niet dragen.




And finally, I knitted a babyhat as a gift for a collegue, who just had a baby boy. The hat is started with a provisional cast-on, knitted in one direction, unpicked the cast-on and knit a second hat - et voilĂ  : a double knitted hat (warm on the ears, because you have 4 layers of fabric there). I got this pattern in the 'free patterns' section of the Elann website.

Nog een laatste projectje : een babymutsje, dubbel gebreid, dus dubbel warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOOh! Lovely lovely projects!!! And your mittens from my first package look great! Stay tuned, as I am putting the finishing touches on your second package...I'll let you know when I send it! SP9