Saturday, February 10, 2007

jawbreaker cardigan - one sleeve


I knitted a 3/4 sleeve after all. Because I am knitting this from stash, and because the Phildar 'Arome' doesn't list yardage, I am afraid that I might run out of yarn. What I did now was sewing it together provisionally, to check how it looks on me. You probably notice that I used the right side of the stockinette on the sleeve, and the reverse stockinette on the body. I don't think I will keep that feature. Other then that, I rather like how it looks now; it's kind of quirky, but in a good way. The overlapping fronts don't really overlap totally. When I wear it, it falls open, probably because of the onebutton-closure. And maybe the fact that I have a lot to cover on the front has something to do with it also. I now need to knit the second sleeve, and then the collar. The pattern in the magazine uses an asymetrical collar. That will enhance the quirkiness of the garment for sure. The new spring fashion is showing in the shops now, and there are a lot of very short cardigans with big round collars and big buttons. Maybe I will be in fashion for once ?

No comments: