Sunday, March 18, 2007

SP 10 - lizard ridge progess pictures


I am making good progress on my lizard ridge afghan. This is square 1 to 14, but in the meantime I am already knitting square 16. I have another 3 balls of kureyon, I am still waiting for some more in the mail. It looks like I will be 4 to 5 balls short. If anybody wants to trade some Kureyon for something from my stash or LYS, just drop me a comment.


Because I enjoyed SP9 that much, I decided to join Secret Pal 10. I had great upstream and downstream pals, and of course I am hoping for the same this time.
So, here are my answers to the SP10 questionnaire :


1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

I like everyhting - really. I think there is a place for every yarn. A good acrylic can produce a nice baby garment. But of course, I love knitting with the 'better' yarns. I just know that not everybody appreciates real wool. Me, I looove real wool, especially lace-weight yarns (hard to get here). There is one yarn that I sadly am allergic to, and that is angora.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have old plastic tubes that were designed to store needles. They are but-ugly, but serve their purpose. My circular needles are in a carboard box, that I covered with KF fabric. Nice box, if I do say so. It also has a shelf for smaller things (needles, beads, stitch markers ...)

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned as a child and hated it then. Picked it back up when my children were born. Untill I discovered the internet and the knitlist, I was a beginner. I think I will qualify as intermediate now. To become advanced, you would need to design your own stuff. I almost always start from an existing pattern.

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
no


5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products, etc.)
I like fresh, citrus scents. Nothing to flowery or sweet and heavy.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love chocolate, but living in a country that has a rich tradition makes me a bit sceptical to foreign brands.

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
a little bit of crochet, dyeing, occassionaly cross-stitch, patchwork, cooking. I don't want to take up spinning, I am fearing a new stash might evovlve from that !

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't have a real preference, but nothing to heavy. I am not into music really. I usually just listen to the radio.

9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
If I use it for decoration it can be pretty wild. But for clothing I like more subdued colors. So I will like a burgundy, but not a bright red, a mustard, but not a true yellow, olive but not forest green.... I love all browns and greys ! My blog will maybe give you the wrong idea, because I have posted several Kaffe Fassett sweaters there. I have discovered that I love to knit with color, but I don't wear those garments. That's why I have knitted/crocheted blankets recently. For accesoires it can be a bit wilder. I have hot pink scarves that I wear with black outfits.

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I have a husband and 2 teenagers (or young adults) - my DH and DD are allergic to pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don't wear a hat often, only when it's very, very cold. I love mittens, and have one poncho, and one poncho/shawl thingie.

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
socks !

13. What are you knitting right now?
I am finishing up a lizard ridge afghan. I started a Hanne Falkenberg sweater (ballerina). I really should start a pair of socks. My DD wants some, and my DS is going through his pairs very quickly.

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
that depends - surprise me

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Again, there is a place for everything. I have learned to knit with a needle in my armpit, so if it's possible I preferr long straight needles. But some projects need to be knit on a circular needle. And I knit all my socks on very short bamboo dpn's, because socks are my travel project.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I don't, and I really think it would be a nice addition to this household. But I am the only one to think so.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't think I have one lying around that is older then 3 years, and that one will probably be frogged.


18. What is your favorite holiday?
I am not really a holiday person, but for seasons I like late spring and early autumn best here in my country.

19. Is there anything that you collect?
'only' yarn and knitting books

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I am always interested in new stuff ! I am subscribed to Interweave Knits.

21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I have a Danish kit for a scarf in double knitting, and I haven't mastered that one yet. And I have never tried out entrelac. In the lateste Interweave knits (spring 07) there is a gorgeous pair of long socks in a 'woven' entrelac style.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
I knit a lot of socks. I wear an European size 39

23. When is your birthday? (mm/dd)
August 25th

3 comments:

Deb said...

Excellent work on the afghan! I am getting encouraged to do one myself!!!!!

Ambermoggie, a fragrant soul said...

found some more kureyon, remind me of your address by email and I'll send it
amber

Unknown said...

We have a Kureyon that has gold, olive, a slight teal, tan and chartreuse. Looks better than it sounds. Don't remember the number, but I can check it out at work tomorrow if you are interested.