Sunday, December 07, 2008

customerservice



Livia is finished. There were some minor errors in the pattern (the numbers for the heel didn't add up correctly). I could solve this, with the help of some other knitters on Ravelry who had knit the same pattern. Just when I was thinking of mailing 'Twistcollective' about these errors, there was a message in my mailbox, with a corrected version to download. That's what I call customerservice ! (no errors in a pattern would even be better, but nobody's perfect. Correcting the errors is close enough). Livia was a great knit, but not a mindless one. You had to consult the chart all the time.
Livia is klaar. Er waren een paar kleine foutjes in het patroon (de berekening van de hiel klopte niet). Met de hulp van een paar andere breisters op Ravelry kon ik dit oplossen. En net toen ik erover dacht om 'Twistcollective' hierrond te mailen, ontving ik van hun een mailtje met een verbeterd patroon om te downloaden. Dat vind ik dus 'goede service na verkoop'! Geen fouten in het patroon zou nog beter zijn, maar niemand is perfect. En je fouten corrigeren komt goed in de buurt. Livia was een heel leuke sok om te breien, maar je moest er wel de aandacht bijhouden. Ik moest voortdurend het schema consulteren.


An easier knit, was Jules. I haven't blogged about this, because I was a bit annoyed by the quality of the yarn, or more precisely over the colorfastness. DD bought this on a citytrip in Glasgow, the yarn is handpainted 'Old maiden aunt merino sock', in the color 'sky'. Unfortunately, the dye came of onto my hands, and my bamboo needles. I mentioned this on the sockknitters list on Ravelry, and before I know it, I had a personal message from Lilith, who dyes the yarn. She apologized, and said that it probably was a skein where the dye didn't set properly. She offered to send me a replacement skein, and I could pick whatever I liked. And although I am on a yarn diet, I don't say no to free yarn. So a skein of bamboo/wool sock yarn in 'aegean' is on its way from Scotland. Another example of good customer service!
Jules was gemakkelijker om te breien. Ik heb hier niet over geblogd, omdat ik teleurgesteld was in de kwaliteit van de wol, of eerder over het niet-kleurvast zijn van het garen. De dochter heeft dit gekocht in Glasgow, tijdens een citytrip in het najaar. Het garen is 'Old maiden aunt merino sock', in de kleur 'hemel'. Jammer genoeg kwam tijdens het breien al de kleur af, zodat ik met blauwe vingers en bamboenaalden achterbleef. Ik vermeldde dit op Ravelry, en ik had al vlug een berichtje van Lilith, de mevrouw die het garen verft. Ze verontschuldigde zich, en zei dat het waarschijnlijk een streng was waar de verf niet goed gefixeerd was. Ze bood aan me een vervangstreng te sturen, en ik kon uitkiezen wat ik maar wou. En alhoewel ik op een garendieet sta, zal ik niet vlug nee zeggen tegen gratis garen. Dus nu is er een streng wol/bamboe sokkengaren in Egeisch blauw onderweg van Schotland. Nog een voorbeeld van 'goede service na verkoop' !

1 comment:

Villasukka said...

Oh, I do love Livia!

I know I should write in English sometimes so that you (and some others too) would have something to rean on my blog, but I'm too lazy and too tired... Too much work, but thankfully that'll get easier in a couple of weeks time.

Merry Christmas to you!